Saturday 16 July 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Deborah Nemtanu and Duncan Keith.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Mom, directed by Stan Dragoti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun to Imagine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bio-Attack or 3-Demon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1983 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Famous Birthdays:16 July
- Sikorsky S-61 disaster: a helicopter crashes off the Isles of Scilly, causing 20 fatalities.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?