Sunday 31 July 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Give It Up by KC & The Sunshine Band was in the top 5 hits.
Risky Business, directed by Paul Brickman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Knights of the Desert or Earthly Delights.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1983 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- B Robinson, J Marichal, G Kell, and W Alston inducted into Hall of Fame
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Madness - Our House
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?