Saturday 23 July 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Pope and Blair Redford.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Private School, directed by Noel Black, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Master Miner or Bomberman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1983 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Ron Pope: Pop Singer.
- Blair Redford: Soap Opera Actor.
- Andrew Eiden: American actor.
- Bec Hewitt: Australian actress and singer.
- Aaron Peirsol: American swimmer.
- David Strettle: English rugby player
- Georges Auric: French composer, writing prolifically for concert hall, ballet, stage and screen.
- Gimli Glider: Air Canada Flight 143 runs out of fuel and makes a deadstick landing at Gimli, Manitoba.
- The Sri Lankan Civil War begins with the killing of 13 Sri Lanka Army soldiers by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam Terrorist group. In the subsequent riots of Black July, about 1,000 Tamils are slaughtered, some 400,000 Tamils flee to neighbouring Tamil Nadu, India and many find refuge in Europe and Canada.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 July 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?