Sunday 24 July 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniele De Rossi .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Private School, directed by Noel Black, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assault or Cookie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1983 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Mame opens at Gershwin Theater NYC for 41 performances
- 21st Tennis Federation Cup: Czech beats Germany in Zurich Switzerland (2-1)
- Lauren Howe wins LPGA Mayflower Golf Classic
- Laurent Fignon wins Tour de France
- Sonya Robinson, (Milwaukee), 23, crowned 16th Miss Black America
- George Brett batting for the Kansas City Royals against the New York Yankees, has a game-winning home run nullified in the ''Pine Tar Incident''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?