Friday 29 July 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kaitlyn Black and Jason Belmonte.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Risky Business, directed by Paul Brickman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Dreadnaught Factor or Bugaboo (The Flea).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1983 ?
- Kaitlyn Black: TV Actress.
- Jason Belmonte: Bowler.
- Devin Graham: Cinematographer.
- Kim Dong-wook: South Korean actor.
- Inés Mont: Mexican journalist and actress.
- Tania Gunadi: Indonesian-American actress and producer
- Alexei Kaigorodov: Russian ice hockey player
- Jerious Norwood: American football player
- Elise Testone: American singer-songwriter
- J B Charles [Willem Nagel]: Dutch criminologist / writer, dies at 83.
- Luis Bunuel: Spanish director and writer (Born 1900).
- David Niven: British film producer and noted family, the first son of actor David Niven.
- Raymond Massey: Canadian actor, dies of pneumonia in Beverly Hills, California at age 86 (born 1896).
- Friday Night Videos premieres on NBC TV
- Steve Garvey ends his National League record 1,207 consecutive game streak.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 July 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Madness - Our House
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?