Saturday 16 November 1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Boxleitner and Maki Nishiyama.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Built This City by Starship.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky IV, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror or Grand National.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1985!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1985 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Lee Boxleitner: American noted family, the son of actress Kathryn Holcomb and actor Bruce Boxleitner.
- Maki Nishiyama: Japanese model and actress.
- Saori Yamamoto: Japanese model.
- John J Sparkmann: (Sen-D-Ala), dies at 85.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 November 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?