Tuesday 19 November 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laksmi Rodríguez and Sam Cooke (model).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Built This City by Starship.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky IV, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Only One Woof by James Herriot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Mind Forever Voyaging or Ice Climber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 November 1985 ?
- Laksmi Rodríguez
- Sam Cooke (model)
- Laura Osnes: Stage Actress.
- Meghan Tonjes: Folk Singer.
- Chris Eagles: English footballer.
- Alex Mack: American football player.
- Stepin Fetchit [Lincoln Penny]: 1st black star, dies of pneumonia 83.
- President Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev meet for 1st time
- Pennzoil wins a $10.53 billion USD judgment against Texaco, in the largest civil verdict in the history of the United States, stemming from Texaco executing a contract to buy Getty Oil after Pennzoil had entered into an unsigned, yet still binding, buyout contract with Getty.
- Cold War: In Geneva, U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev meet for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Starship - We Built This City
- Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Heart - Never
- Thompson Twins - Lay Your Hands On Me
- Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
- Jan Hammer - Miami Vice Theme
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?