Sunday 3 December 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Cole-Whittaker and Don Calfa.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1939 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Terry Cole-Whittaker: American Religious Science pastor from 1977, a fireball who took San Diego by storm with her up-beat, you-can-do-it message.
- Don Calfa: American actor.
- John Paul: Sr.
- David Phillips: English chemist and academic.
- Princess Louise: Duchess of Argyll, daughter of Queen Victoria (Born 1848).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- South of the Border (Down Mexico Way) - Ambrose & His Orchestra vocal Denny Dennis
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?