Monday 4 August 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul-Henri Chombart de Lauwe and Wesley Addy.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1913 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Wesley Addy: Omaha, Nebraska -- Actor (Bostonians, Loving).
- Paul-Henri Chombart de Lauwe: French sociologist, best known as one of the pioneers of urban sociology in France.
- Andre Verdet: France Writer.
- Robert Hayden: American poet and educator (d. 1980).
- Johann Niemann: German lieutenant (d. 1943).
- In China, the province of Chungking declares independence Chinese Republican forces crush the rebellion in a couple of weeks.