Monday 4 August 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wesley Addy and Paul-Henri Chombart de Lauwe.
while Heart of the Hills by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1913 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Wesley Addy: Omaha, Nebraska -- Actor (Bostonians, Loving).
- Paul-Henri Chombart de Lauwe: French sociologist, best known as one of the pioneers of urban sociology in France.
- Andre Verdet: France Writer.
- Robert Hayden: American poet and educator (d. 1980).
- Johann Niemann: German lieutenant (d. 1943).
- In China, the province of Chungking declares independence Chinese Republican forces crush the rebellion in a couple of weeks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Can't Play Every Instrument in the Band - Joseph Cawthorn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?