Sunday 17 July 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Quino and Johnny Kerr.
Jewel Robbery, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1932 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Quino : Joaquín Salvador Lavado, better known by his pen name Quino, is a Argentinian cartoonist.
- Johnny Kerr: American athlete, pro-basketball player from 1954-1965, nicknamed "Red" for his red hair.
- Vince Guaraldi: Jazz pianist (Charlie Brown TV specials).
- Johnny ''Red'' Kerr: American basketball player, coach, and longtime Chicago Bulls color commentator (d. 2009).
- Niccolò Castiglioni: Italian composer (d. 1996).
- Wojciech Kilar: Polish pianist and composer (d. 2013).
- Karla Kuskin: American author and illustrator (d. 2009).
- Hal Riney: American businessman founded Publicis & Hal Riney (d. 2008).
- Niccolo Castiglioni: Composer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?