Saturday 17 August 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carmen Berg and S Shankar.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and Seymour-An Introduction by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1963 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Carmen Berg: Bismark, North Dakota -- Playmate (July, 1987).
- S Shankar: Indian film director.
- Jon Gruden: American football player coach and sportscaster.
- Shankar : Of Noted Bollywood Music Director Duo -Jaikishan (Born 1922).
- Richard Barthelmess: Actor (Heroes for Sales), dies of cancer at 68.
- Jim Hickman becomes the first New York Mets player to hit for the cycle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?