Friday 30 August 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oderus Urungus and Michael Chiklis.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1963 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Oderus Urungus: American vocalist (GWAR).
- Michael Chiklis: American actor, star of the TV police drama, "The Shield.
- John King: American television news analyst and host of his own cable television show entitled "State of the Union" on CNN beginning in January2009.
- Val Piriou: French fashion designer.
- Dave Brockie: Canadian-American singer-songwriter and bass player (Gwar X-Cops Death Piggy and Dave Brockie Experience) (d. 2014).
- Phil Mills: Welsh race car driver
- Paul Oakenfold: English DJ and producer (Elementfour Planet Perfecto and Electra)
- Hot Line communications link between Washington DC and Moscow begins.
- The Hotline between the leaders of the U.S.A. and the Soviet Union goes into operation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 August 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?