Wednesday 28 August 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abe Button and Regina Marie Jacobs.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1963 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Abe Button: Soccer player (Vitesse).
- Regina Marie Jacobs: Los Angeles, California -- 800m / 1500m runner (1996 Olympics - 10th Place).
- Reyna Thompson: NFL corner back (New York Giants).
- Jennifer Coolidge: American actress.
- Regina Jacobs: American athlete.
- Maria Gheorghiu: Romanian folk singer-songwriter
- Evergreen Point Floating Bridge connecting Seattle and Bellevue opens
- 200,000 demonstrate for equal rights in Washington, DC.
- Martin Luther King Jr gives his "I have a dream" speech at Lincoln Memorial.
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom: Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his I Have a Dream speech
- Emily Hoffert and Janice Wylie are murdered in their Manhattan flat, prompting the events that would lead to the passing of the Miranda Rights.
- September ndash Marvel Comics releases the first-ever X-Men comic book
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?