Thursday 17 February 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Robitaille in MontrTal and Melissa Brooke-Belland.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Lightnin' Strikes by Lou Christie.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1966 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Luc Robitaille in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; NHL left wing (New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Melissa Brooke-Belland: rocker (Voice of the Beehive-Let it Bee).
- Quorthon : Swedish guitarist and songwriter (Bathory) (d. 2004).
- Michael Lepond: American bass player (Symphony X and Seven Witches).
- Robert Reid: British rally co-driver.
- Luc Robitaille: Canadian ice hockey player manager and actor
- French satellite Diapason D-1A launch into Earth orbit
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?