Thursday 10 February 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ioannis Kalitzakis and Gary McKinnon.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Chase, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1966 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Ioannis Kalitzakis: Greek footballer.
- Gary McKinnon: Scottish systems administrator and hacker who was accused in 2002 of perpetrating the "biggest military computer hack of all time," although McKinnon himself – who has a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome – states that he was merely looking for evidence of free energy suppression and a cover-up of UFO activity and other technologies potentially useful to the public.
- Ji Suk-jin: Comedian.
- Natalie Bennett: Australian-English journalist and politician.
- Daryl Johnston: American football player and sportscaster.
- Billy Rose: American entrepreneur, a showman, songwriter, nightclub owner and newspaper columnist who wrote about 400 songs and was deeply involved in show business as the producer of Broadway plays.
- Harmel government in Belgium resigns.
- Soviet writers Yuli Daniel and Andrei Sinyavsky are sentenced to 5 and 7 years, respectively, for 'anti-Soviet' writings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?