Thursday 3 February 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gillian Bonner and Sean Patrick Wade in Houston.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians', directed by George Pollock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1966 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Gillian Bonner: Athens, Georgia -- Playmate (Apr, 1996).
- Sean Patrick Wade in Houston: Texas, USA; New Zealand marathon runner (Olympics-1996).
- Jean-Jacques Eydelie: French soccer player, charged with corruption in the US Valenciennes soccer scandal of June 1993.
- Frank Coraci: American director and screenwriter.
- Danny Morrison: New Zealand cricketer and sportscaster.
- Kostas Patavoukas: Greek basketball player
- June Walker: Actress (War Nurses), dies at 65.
- 1st operational weather satellite, ESSA-1 launched US
- 1st soft landing on Moon (Soviet Luna 9)
- The unmanned Soviet Luna 9 spacecraft makes the first controlled rocket-assisted landing on the Moon.
- First operational weather satellite, ESSA-1, launched (US).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?