Tuesday 8 February 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kirk Muller in Kingston and Gary Coleman in Zion.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians', directed by George Pollock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Lockwood Concern by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1966 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Kirk Muller in Kingston: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Gary Coleman in Zion: Illinois, USA; actor (Arnold - Diff'rent Strokes).
- Ulrich Hesse-Lichtenberger: German author.
- Sean Harris: English actor.
- Bruno Labbadia: German footballer and manager.
- Sarah Montague: English journalist and radio host
- Kirk Muller: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Hristo Stoichkov: Bulgarian footballer and manager
- The National Hockey League expands to twelve teams.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?