Sunday 17 March 1901, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eisaku Sato and Alexandre Bioussa.
The Snowman, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1901 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Eisaku Sato: premier of Japan (Nobel Prize 1974).
- Alexandre Bioussa: France sport Champion.
- Alfred Newman: American composer and conductor (d. 1970).
- Franz Melde German physicist (Melde Test): dies at age 69.
- Free thinking-Democratic Union forms in the Netherlands