Wednesday 17 March 1920, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheikh Mujibur Rehman and Donald Hornig.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1920 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Sheikh Mujibur Rehman
- Donald Hornig: American chemist, explosives expert, teacher and presidential science advisor.
- George B Hartzog Jr
- John La Montaine: Oak Park, Illinois -- Composer (Pulitzer 1959).
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman: Founding Leader of Bangladesh (d. 1975).
- Mujibur Rahman: Bangladeshi politician 1st President of Bangladesh (d. 1975).
- Olga Orozco: Argentine poet.
- George Hartzog: Colleton County Politician.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet