Tuesday 17 March 1942, St. Patrick's DayUS date format: 3/17/1942, UK date format: 17/3/1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Wayne Gacy and Jacques Abeille.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1942 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- John Wayne Gacy: American serial killer (executed) (b.
- Jacques Abeille
- Willie Somerset
- Jerry Jeff Walker: Musician.
- John Wayne Gacy Jr in Chicago: Illinois, USA; serial killer (32 boys).
- John Gacy: American homicide; indicted on 1/13/1979...
- Gen Doug MacArthur arrives in Australia to become Supreme Commander
- Belzec Concentration Camp opens-30,000 Lublin Polish Jews transported.
- US General Douglas MacArthur arrives in Australia to become supreme commander.
- Holocaust: The first Jews from the Lvov Ghetto are gassed at the Belzec death camp in what is today eastern Poland.