Friday 17 June 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mitzi Edge and Thomas Haden Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
House of Usher, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The View From The Fortieth Floor by Theodore H. White was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1960 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Mitzi Edge: Albany, Georgia -- LPGA golfer (1995 SAFECO Classic).
- Thomas Haden Church: American actor.
- Adrian Campos: Spanish racing driver.
- Thomas Church: Movie Actor.
- Adrián Campos: Spanish race car driver.
- Pierre Reverdy: French poet and moralist who first reflected Cubist and then Surrealist influence.
- Fire consumes the El Rancho Vegas casino resort, on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Nez Perce tribe is awarded $4 million for 7 million acres (28,000 km2) of land undervalued (4 cents/acre) in the 1863 treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?