Saturday 17 November 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fernandez Arman and Arman .
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1928 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Fernandez Arman: French sculptor.
- Arman : French-American painter and sculptor (d. 2005).
- Rance Howard: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Lala Lajpat Rai: Indian author, politician, & freedom fighter (Born 1865).
- Boston Garden officially opens
- Notre Dame finally lost a football game after nearly 25 years
- The Boston Garden opens in Boston.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?