Friday 26 January 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Schockert and Séamus Hegarty.
British Intelligence, directed by Terry O. Morse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1940 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Claude Schockert: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop Emeritus of Belfort-Montbéliard since 2015.
- Séamus Hegarty: Irish bishop.
- Brisbane, Australia swelters through its hottest day ever, 43.2 degrees Celsius (109.76 Fahrenheit).