Sunday 17 October 2004
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Goodies by Ciara.
In UK Call On Me by Eric Prydz was in the top 5 hits.
Shark Tale, directed by Bibo Bergeron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Between A Rock And A Hard Place by Aron Ralston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Life in Film.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed or Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 2004!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 October 2004 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 October
- Uzi Hitman: Israeli singer-songwriter (d. 2004).
- A referendum in Belarus approves the lifting of constitutional term limits for the presidency.
- General Khin Nyunt is replaced by Lieutenant-General Soe Win as Prime Minister of Myanmar.
- A team of explorers reaches the bottom of the world's deepest cave, located in Krubera. The depth reached is 2,080 meters (6,824 feet), setting a world record ( National Geographic).
- The Ubuntu operating system is first released.
- Corporate Airlines Flight 5966 crashes in Missouri, killing 13 people and injuring 2.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono becomes the first directly elected President of Indonesia.
- The Ministry of Defence approves the deployment of the Black Watch regiment of the British Army to Baghdad, Iraq, after a request for assistance by the U.S. government.
- Typhoon Tokage kill 98, injured 552 in western Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 October 2004
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Atalanta : 2 - 1
- Brescia - Parma : 3 - 1
- Cagliari - Milan : 0 - 1
- Fiorentina - Siena : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - St Truiden : 5 - 1
- Charleroi - Beveren : 2 - 1
- Lokeren - Club Brugge : 0 - 2
- Louvieroise - Germinal : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Wolfsburg : 3 - 0
- M'gladbach - Kaiserslautern : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Burghausen - Greuther Furth : 0 - 1
- Cottbus - Ahlen : 0 - 0
- Dresden - Saarbrucken : 2 - 1
- Ein Trier - Aachen : 0 - 4
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?