Friday 17 October 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Brown .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Scary Movie 3, directed by David Zucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Avenger by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anders och Måns.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Downhill Domination or DreamMix TV World Fighters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 2003!
Which were the important events of 17 October 2003 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- John Brown: Scottish noted family member, the son of Gordon Brown and his wife Sarah.
- Bolivian President Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada is ousted from office, ending the bolivian gas conflict, and flees to the United States.
- US: A former employee of Diebold Election Systems (now Premier Election Solutions) has accused the firm of violating state and federal election-certification rules during Georgia's 2002 gubernatorial election, the outcome of which defied all polls.
- Occupation of Iraq: Four US troops and at least two police officers are killed in an ambush in Karbala and another incident in Iraq.
- Airport security: In a challenge of airport security, box cutters turned up on Southwest Airlines planes in New Orleans and Houston, prompting a search of all U.S. commercial aircraft (See Nathaniel Heatwole).
- Economy of the People's Republic of China: China's economy grows at 9% in the latest period, on course to become the largest economy in the world by 2050.
- Sport – Performance enhancing drugs: 'Several' unnamed US athletes are reported to have tested positive for an anabolic steroid the athletes expected to be undetectable.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 October 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Anderlecht : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Oberhausen : 1 - 1
- Ein Trier - Union Berlin : 1 - 1
- Lubeck - Osnabruck : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Strasbourg - Marseille : 4 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Northampton - Scunthorpe : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?