Friday October 08, 2004
US date format: 10/8/2004, UK date format: 8/10/2004
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cameron Hallyday .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Goodies by Ciara.
In UK Call On Me by Eric Prydz was in the top 5 hits.
Zombie Honeymoon, directed by David Gebroe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Nights Of Rain And Stars by Maeve Binchy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Battlestar Galactica.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destruction Derby Arenas or Carnival Cruise Line Tycoon 2005: Island Hopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 08, 2004?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- See more
- Martha Stewart begins serving a five-month sentence for insider trading, at the Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia.
- U.S. presidential debates:: US President George W. Bush and challenger Senator John Kerry meet at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, for the second of three U.S. presidential debates. (BBC) (AP) (Reuters) (AFP)Third party candidates for US president, Michael Badnarik of the United States Libertarian Party and David Cobb of the United States Green Party, are arrested while attempting to attend the second of the three planned U.S. presidential debates. (AP) (WorldNetDaily)
- US President George W. Bush and challenger Senator John Kerry meet at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, for the second of three U.S. presidential debates. (BBC) (AP) (Reuters) (AFP)
- Third party candidates for US president, Michael Badnarik of the United States Libertarian Party and David Cobb of the United States Green Party, are arrested while attempting to attend the second of the three planned U.S. presidential debates. (AP) (WorldNetDaily)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 08, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ciara Featuring Petey Pablo - Goodies
- Alicia Keys Featuring Tony! Toni! Tone! - Diary
- Usher And Alicia Keys - My Boo
- Nelly Featuring Jaheim - My Place
- Terror Squad - Lean Back
- Jadakiss Featuring Anthony Hamilton - Why?
- Akon Featuring Styles P. - Locked Up
- LL Cool J - Headsprung
- Juvenile, Wacko & Skip - Nolia Clap
- Anthony Hamilton - Charlene
Sport Games on October 08, 2004
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Stockport : 2 - 1
- Luton - Hartlepool : 3 - 0
- Milton Keynes Dons - Bradford : 1 - 2
- Port Vale - Doncaster : 2 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Chester : 0 - 0
- Northampton - Grimsby : 0 - 1
- Rochdale - Yeovil : 2 - 1
- Scunthorpe - Wycombe : 2 - 0
- Shrewsbury - Rushden & D : 0 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 08If October 08, 2004 is your birthday you're 15 years, 9 months, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 2 months, 1 day.
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2004?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $49.80
- Apple AAPL: opens at $39.55
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $28.11
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.98
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $87.43
- 1 USD = 109.41 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.251 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2496 CHF
- 1 EUR = 135.85 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6912 GBP