Wednesday 17 September 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Grut and Robert T Matsui.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 September 1941 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Robert T Matsui: (Rep-D-California, 1979- ).
- William Grut: Sweden -- Penthalete (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Stavros Damianides: Greek musician (d. 2001).
- Marie-Claude Charmasson: French racing driver, also known as Marie-Claude Beaumont.
- Bob Matsui: American lawyer and politician (d. 2005).
- World War II: A decree of the Soviet State Committee of Defense, restoring Vsevobuch in the face of the Great Patriotic War, is issued
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?