Wednesday 17 September 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert T Matsui and Richard Perle.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1941 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Richard Perle: Public Servant.
- Robert T Matsui: (Rep-D-California, 1979- ).
- William Grut: Sweden -- Penthalete (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Stavros Damianides: Greek musician (d. 2001).
- Marie-Claude Charmasson: French racing driver, also known as Marie-Claude Beaumont.
- Bob Matsui: American lawyer and politician (d. 2005).
- World War II: A decree of the Soviet State Committee of Defense, restoring Vsevobuch in the face of the Great Patriotic War, is issued