Monday September 17, 1900
US date format: 9/17/1900, UK date format: 17/9/1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 17, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Willard Marriott and Ruth Gerry.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 17, 1900?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Commonwealth of Australia proclaimed
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 17, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Vess Ossman - A Coon Band Contest