Wednesday 17 September 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence J. Peter and René Chesnau.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1919 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - John Steel
- Dear Old Pal of Mine - Sascha Jacobsen
- Smilin' Through - Reinald Werrenrath