Thursday 17 September 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Alabama Moon, directed by Tim McCanlies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson, Richard DiLallo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AC-130: Operation Devastation or Bleach DS 4th: Flame Bringer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 September 2009 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 September
- Noordin Mohammad Top: Malaysian Islamist terrorist (Born 1968).
- A senior Irish Catholic bishop says Roman Catholics can vote ampquotYesampquot in the country's second referendum on the Treaty of Lisbon ampquotin good conscienceampquot. (BBC)
- At least 87 refugees are killed after an army air raid on a camp for displaced people in 'Amran Governorate, northern Yemen. (Al Jazeera)
- The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy says European Union leaders agree to impose a cap on banker pay. (AP via Google News)
- The Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Jan Fischer, says that President Barack Obama told him that the United States is abandoning plans for a missile shield based in Poland and the Czech Republic. (RIA Novosti)
- Two large explosions hit the main base of African Union peacekeepers in Mogadishu, Somalia. (Xinhua)
- Shia insurgency in Yemen: More than 80 people are killed in an air raid on a camp for displaced people in northern Yemen. (BBC)
- A number of children are injured in an attack at the Carolinum secondary school in the Bavarian town of Ansbach. German police arrest a man. (RTÉ)
- Colombia says it would consider quitting UNASUR if the bloc does not agree to debate issues related to drug trafficking, terrorism and arms purchases. (MercoPress)
- Ethiopia's Prime Minister Meles Zenawi denounces an International Crisis Group (ICG) report that warns his country could descend into ethnic violence ahead of its first national election since a 2005 poll triggered deadly street clashes. (IOL)
- A large car bomb attack in the centre of Kabul, Afghanistan, kills six Italian ISAF soldiers. (Adnkronos)
- Egypt's top Islamic authority, Grand Mufti Ali Gomaa, defends women's rights to wear trousers in public following the high-profile court case in neighbouring Sudan where women, including Lubna al-Hussein, were flogged for dressing in the garments. (IOL)
- Seven explosions hit the Burmese city of Yangon with no casualties. (''Times of India'')
- Indonesian police confirm the death of their most wanted man, Noordin Mohammed Top, who was suspected of involvement in the 2009 Jakarta bombings and the Bali bombings in 2002. (CNN)
- United Nations Under-Secretary General for Political Affairs Lynn Pascoe begins visiting camps holding displaced Tamil refugees in northern Sri Lanka. (AFP)
- Venezuela and China agree a $16 billion oil exploration deal allowing China to drill in the Orinoco basin. (Al Jazeera)
- The ruling Burmese junta defends its decision to bar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi from attending her appeal hearing. (''Philippine Star'')
- Four more people are found guilty and jailed for carrying out attacks with syringes in the western Chinese province of Xinjiang. (BBC)
- The National Assembly of Kenya passes a bill to reduce the number of ministries from 40 to 24. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Under - Pleasure P
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
I upgraded the RAM on my laptop to four gigabytes, but when I check to see how much memory I have now, it only says about three gigabytes. Could there be something wrong with the chips? [..]
Research in Motion, maker of the BlackBerry, had said Nortel’s wireless unit should be kept in Canadian hands. The country’s industry minister disagreed. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.41
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $63.11
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $61.92
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.54
- 1 CHF = 6.6363 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4043 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9648 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.957 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?