Monday September 17, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pixie Geldof and Nia Sharma.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
'Non', ou A Vã Glória de Mandar, directed by Manoel de Oliveira, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Tom Landry by Tom Landry with Gregg Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Going Places.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Combatribes or Dirty Harry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1990 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Pixie Geldof
- Nia Sharma: TV Actress.
- ChooChoosGaming : YouTube Star.
- Sean Scannell: English footballer.
- Newspaper Guild votes 242-35 to keep New York Post publishing.
- Soviet Union and Saudi Arabia restore diplomatic ties.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 September 1990
- Kansas City Chiefs - Denver Broncos : 23 - 24
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
Top #10 Latin songs
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Dimelo - Daniela Romo
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?