Sunday 17 March 1907, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Van Houtte and Sonny Werblin.
Life and Passion of Christ, directed by Ferdinand Zecca, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Brass Bowl by Louis J. Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1907!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1907 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Jean Van Houtte: Belgian academic and politician 50th Prime Minister of Belgium (d. 1991).
- Sonny Werblin: American football franchise owner (d. 1991).
- Jan M: J van Houtte premier Belgium (1952-54).
- Jean Houtte: Belgian politician and university professor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good-a-Bye, John! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Maple Leaf Rag - U.S. Marine Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?