Sunday September 18, 1983
US date format: 9/18/1983, UK date format: 18/9/1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 18, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Christina Lindley and Ayumi Oka.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Careful, He Might Hear You, directed by Carl Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Our Luck.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Frogrun! or Alpha Blaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 18, 1983?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Lebanese and Syrian army battle
- New Orleans Saints' first overtime victory; beating Chicago Bears 34-31.
- George Meegen completes 2,426-day (19,000 miles) walk across Western Hemisphere.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 18, 1983?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Asia - Don't Cry
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James - Cold Blooded
- The S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good To Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - Don't You Get So Mad
- Zapp - I Can Make You Dance
- Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack - Tonight I Celebrate My Love
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - You're Number One (In My Book)
- Herbie Hancock - Rockit
- New Edition - Is This The End
- Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
- The Gap Band - Party Train
Sport Games on September 18, 1983
- Atlanta Falcons - Detroit Lions : 30 - 14
- Baltimore Colts - Buffalo Bills : 23 - 28
- Chicago Bears - New Orleans Saints : 31 - 34
- Kansas City Chiefs - Washington Redskins : 12 - 27
- Los Angeles Rams - Green Bay Packers : 24 - 27
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 18If September 18, 1983 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 20 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 18, 1983?
On September 18, 1983 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is September 18, 1983?
On September 18, 1983 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 18, 1983?
On September 18, 1983 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 18, 1983?
On September 18, 1983 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on September 18, 1983?
On September 18, 1983 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on September 18, 1983?
On September 18, 1983 several famous people were born including, Christina Lindley, Ayumi Oka, Kevin Doyle.
What was the number one song in September 18, 1983?
The number one song in the week of September 18, 1983 was Maniac by Michael Sembello in US and Red Red Wine by UB40 in UK.
What were the top hits on September 18, 1983?
The top hits on September 18, 1983 were Maniac by Michael Sembello, Tell Her About It by Billy Joel, The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats in US and Red Red Wine by UB40, Karma Chameleon by Culture Club, Tonight I Celebrate My Love by Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack in UK.