Saturday 18 June 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Brown and Barbara Broccoli.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
House of Usher, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Trustee From The Toolroom by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 June 1960 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Ralph Brown: British actor.
- Barbara Broccoli: American director and producer.
- Steve Murphy: Canadian news anchor.
- Destry Rides Again closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 472 performances
- 60th US Golf Open: Arnold Palmer shoots 280 at Cherry Hills in Denver
- Real Madrid wins 5th Europe Cup 1
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?