Friday May 18, 1990
US date format: 5/18/1990, UK date format: 18/5/1990
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 18, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Heo Ga-yoon and Luke Kleintank.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Vogue by Madonna.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Back to the Future Part III, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Bright Star by Harold Coyle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dare or Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 18, 1990?
- Judy Carne arrested at JFK airport on an 11 year old drug warrant
- Return To Green Acres TV movie airs
- In France, a modified TGV train achieves a new rail world speed record of 515.3km/h (320.2 mph).
- German reunification: East Germany and West Germany sign a treaty to emerge their economic and social systems, effective July 1.
- Jill Ireland: British actress, playing in lead parts...
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 18, 1990?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Janet Jackson - Alright
- Freddie Jackson - All Over You (From "Def By Temptation")
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- Tony Toni Tone - The Blues
- Quincy Jones With Tevin Campbell - Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)
- Today - Why You Get Funky On Me (From "House Party")
Top #1 Latin songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 18If May 18, 1990 is your birthday you're 30 years, 4 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 27 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?