Thursday 18 November 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to What's My Name? by Rihanna.
Burlesque, directed by Steve Antin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Autobiography Of Mark Twain, Vol. 1 by Mark Twain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Round Hunter or Battle of the Immortals.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 18 November 2010 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 November
- Brian G Marsden: British astronomer (Born 1937).
- The US Mint releases the 2010 Abraham Lincoln Presidential dollar to circulation.
- Police discover a detonator, batteries and a ticking clock in Namibia's Windhoek Airport apparently due to be loaded on an aircraft bound for Munich, Germany. (AFP)
- American actor, George Clooney, is awarded the 2010 Ripple of Hope award at the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, in recognition of his humanitarian work in Darfur and Haiti. (ITN)
- Officials from the International Monetary Fund, the European Central Bank and the European Union arrive in Dublin to discuss the Irish debt crisis with the Irish Government. (BBC)
- About 40 Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engines on Airbus A380 aircraft around the world will be replaced due to the engine failure on Qantas Flight 32 earlier this month. (News Limited)
- Auto maker General Motors is listed again on the New York Stock Exchange in the biggest Initial public offering in United States history. (Reuters)
- Haiti police fire tear gas into a camp for internally displaced people in Port-au-Prince after riots over United Nations peacekeepers from Nepal allegedly bringing cholera into the country turn violent. (Al Jazerra)
- President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos declares a state of emergency in Colombia after ongoing floods and landslides kill at least 136 people and the flooding spreads to the capital, Bogotá. (''Momento24'')
- The Nobel Committee says the Nobel Peace Prize for Liu Xiaobo may not be handed out this year as China will not allow anyone from his family to attend the event. (Sify India)
- A South Korean Government report finds that the Sunshine Policy to North Korea adopted by the former government had not resulted in changes to Pyongyang's behaviour. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- At the Caspian Summit in Baku, Azerbaijan, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad criticizes NATO for adopting policies based on ampquotfalse informationampquot. (Press TV)
- Nearly 200 prisoners in the Democratic Republic of the Congo escape from a jail in the northwest of the country. (BBC)
- Swedish prosecutor Marianne Ny who leads a criminal investigation of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is seeking a court order for his immediate arrest. (Washington Post)
- A Chinese woman is sentenced to a year in a labour camp after she posted on Twitter, on charges of ampquotdisrupting social orderampquot. (CNN)
- Australia deports Gabe Watson to face trial in the US state of Alabama for the alleged murder of his wife Tina. (''The Australian'')
- Japanese police arrest Kiyoshi Takayama, the number two gangster in the Yamaguchi-gumi yakuza group in Kobe. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Egyptian authorities release blogger Kareem Amer who was imprisoned for four years for insulting Islam and defaming President Hosni Mubarak. (''Al-Masry Al-Youm'')
- The United States House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct recommends that the United States House of Representatives censure Rep. Charlie Rangel D-NY for ethics violations and be required to make restitution for any unpaid taxes. (CNN)
- US health insurers gave over $86.2million to the Chamber of Commerce last year for the purpose of opposing the health-care overhaul. (Democracy Now!)
- The Leonid meteor shower was visible across much of the US early this morning. (''USA Today'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- El Malo - Aventura
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The companies want the F.C.C. to more tightly regulate the makers of devices that amplify weak signals to improve reception. [..]
Big banks must submit capital plans to the Fed by Jan. 7 that show an ability to withstand losses under “adverse” economic conditions. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.02
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.81
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.35
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.14
- 1 CHF = 6.6625 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5083 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9762 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.57 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?