Monday 18 October 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edouard Stern and Bob Weinstein.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Macarthur -- 1941-1951 by and John Chamberlain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Halls of Ivy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 October 1954 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Edouard Stern
- Bob Weinstein
- Nick Houghton: English general.
- Arliss Howard: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Yūji Mitsuya: Japanese actor.
- Liz Burch: Australian actress.
- Édouard Stern: French banker and friend of French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- WBTW TV channel 13 in Florence, SC (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- WNBC radio changes call letters to WRCA (NYC)
- Hurricane Hazel (third of 1954) becomes most severe to hit US.
- Texas Instruments announces the first Transistor radio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?