Sunday 18 September 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Isabelle Demongeot and Tom Chorske.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Rush To Judgment by Mark Lane was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 September 1966 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Isabelle Demongeot: French tennis player, she reached the 4th tour at the 1986 Wimbledon (defeated by Navratilova).
- Tom Chorske: American ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Shirley Englehorn Golf Invitational
- Valerie Percy, 21-year-old daughter of then U.S. Senate candidate Charles H. Percy, is stabbed and bludgeoned to death in the family mansion on Chicago's North Shore.
- Scotland Yard arrests Buster Edwards, suspected of involvement in the Great Train Robbery.
- Timothy Leary forms the spiritual group League for Spiritual Discovery.
- Baldur von Schirach and Albert Speer are released from Spandau Prison.
- Botswana achieves independence.
- Bobby Seale and Huey P. Newton found the Black Panther Party.
- Toyota Corolla car introduced.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Association - Cherish
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?