Tuesday 6 September 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Guetschow and Jill Ellis.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wojeck.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1966 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:06 September
- Hendrik F Verwoerd: South African Prime Minister (1958-66), assassinated at 64.
- Luigi Perrachio: Composer, dies at 83.
- Margaret Sanger: American nurse and feminine activist who was jailed for advocating birth control.
- Hendrik Verwoerd: Dutch-South African politician, the Prime Minister of South Africa 1950-58.
- Race riot in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- In Cape Town, South Africa, the architect of Apartheid, Prime Minister Hendrik Verwoerd, is stabbed to death during a parliamentary meeting.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 September 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?