Wednesday 14 September 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Cooley and Degen Pener.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1966 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Mike Cooley: American guitarist.
- Degen Pener: American journalist, a staff-writer for Elle magazine.
- Aamer Sohail: Pakistani cricketer and politician.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Association - Cherish
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?