Thursday 29 September 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Norton Jr and Rudy Poeschek.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Seconds, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Au risque de vous plaire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1966 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ken Norton Jr: NFL linebacker (Dallas Cowboys, SF 49ers).
- Rudy Poeschek: Kamloops, British Columbia -- NHL right wing (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Jill Whelan in Oakland: California, USA; actress (Vicki - The Love Boat).
- Mark Buoniconti: American noted family, the son of football champion Nick Buoniconti.
- Hersey Hawkins: NBA guard (Seattle Supersonics, Olympics - Bronze - 1988).
- Jill Whelan: American actress and radio host
- Maurits H E Uyldert: Dutch Poet / writer (Motion), dies at 75.
- Bechuanaland gains independence from England, becomes Botswana
- Sandy Koufax pitches 3rd 300-strikeout season
- The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?