Thursday 29 September 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jill Whelan and Hersey Hawkins.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Seconds, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Time Between The Wars by Jonathan Daniels was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Au risque de vous plaire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 September 1966 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jill Whelan: American actress and radio host.
- Hersey Hawkins: NBA guard (Seattle Supersonics, Olympics - Bronze - 1988).
- Ken Norton Jr: NFL linebacker (Dallas Cowboys, SF 49ers).
- Rudy Poeschek: Kamloops, British Columbia -- NHL right wing (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Jill Whelan in Oakland: California, USA; actress (Vicki - The Love Boat).
- Mark Buoniconti: American noted family, the son of football champion Nick Buoniconti.
- Maurits H E Uyldert: Dutch Poet / writer (Motion), dies at 75.
- Bechuanaland gains independence from England, becomes Botswana
- Sandy Koufax pitches 3rd 300-strikeout season
- The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?