Monday 18 September 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Becue and Richard Huntley.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Long Chase.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 18 September 1972 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Richard Huntley: NFL running back (Atlanta Falcons).
- Brigitte Becue: Belgian swimming champion who holds three Belgian records and was a double European champion in 1995.
- Adam Cohen: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Low Millions).
- David Jefferies: British motorcycle racer (Born 1972).
- Michael Landes: American actor and producer.
- Iain Stewart: Scottish accountant and politician.
- 1st black NL umpire (Art Williams-Los Angeles vs. San Diego)
- São Paulo Metro is inaugurated in Brazil.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 September 1972
- Washington Redskins - Minnesota Vikings : 24 - 21
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?