Wednesday 27 September 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 27, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gwyneth Paltrow and Lhasa (singer).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Company, directed by Robert Benton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while On The Night Of The Seventh Moon by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anna and the King.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1972
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1972 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Gwyneth Paltrow: American actress sometimes compared to Grace Kelly for her cool and regal grace.
- Lhasa (singer)
- Clara Hughes: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics - 2 Bronze Medals).
- Lhasa de Sela: American-Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2010).
- Laurie Shepard: Cordele, Georgia -- Female pitcher (Colo Silver Bullets).
- Craig Rice: American politician.
- Craig L Rice: American politician.
- Sylvia Crawley: American basketball player and coach.
- Rory Storm: lead singer of and Hurricane, commits suicide.
- 1st game at Nassau Coliseum, Rangers beat Islanders 6-4 (exhibition)
- The Joint Communique of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China is signed in Beijing.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1972?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Get On The Good Foot-Part 1 - James Brown
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly") - Curtis Mayfield
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- I'll Be Around - The Spinners
- (They Long To Be) Close To You - Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager
- Millie Jackson - My Man, A Sweet Man
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?