Tuesday 19 September 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ulrich Ramé and Amy Frazier.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Terminal Man by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Long Chase.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 19 September 1972 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Ulrich Ramé: French football/soccer player, a goalkeeper.
- Amy Frazier: St. Louis, Missouri -- Tennis star.
- Matt Cockbain: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Ryan Girdler: Australian rugby player.
- Ashot Nadanian: Armenian chess player, theoretician and coach.
- Fred McCrary: NFL fullback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- David Tamburrino: Saratoga Springs, New York -- Speed skater (1994 Olympics).
- A parcel bomb sent to Israeli Embassy in London kills one diplomat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?