Friday 29 September 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Trent Zenkewicz and Jorgen Jonsson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Boys Of Summer by Roger Kahn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La révolte des Haîdouks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 September 1972 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jorgen Jonsson: Hockey forward (Team Sweden 1998).
- Trent Zenkewicz: NFL defensive tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Oliver Gavin: British racing car driver.
- Togi Makabe: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Robert Webb: English comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Sino-Japanese relations: Japan establishes diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China after breaking official ties with the Republic of China.
- October – The government of former President of Somalia Mohamed Siad Barre formally introduces the Somali alphabet as Somalia's official writing script.Economist Intelligence Unit (Great Britain), ''Middle East annual review'', (1975), p.229
- The first publication reporting the production of a recombinant DNA molecule marks the birth of modern molecular biology methodology.Jackson, David A. Symons, Robert H. and Berg, Paul. (1972). Biochemical Method for Inserting New Genetic Information into DNA of Simian Virus 40: Circular SV40 DNA Molecules Containing Lambda Phage Genes and the Galactose Operon of Escherichia coli. ''Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)'' '''69'''(10), 2904–2909.
- Alex Comfort's bestselling manual ''The Joy of Sex'' is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?