Friday September 29, 1972
US date format: 9/29/1972, UK date format: 29/9/1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 29, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Robert Webb and Trent Zenkewicz.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Company, directed by Robert Benton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M*A*S*H.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 29, 1972?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- See more
- Sino-Japanese relations: Japan establishes diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China after breaking official ties with the Republic of China.
- October – The government of former President of Somalia Mohamed Siad Barre formally introduces the Somali alphabet as Somalia's official writing script.Economist Intelligence Unit (Great Britain), ''Middle East annual review'', (1975), p.229
- The first publication reporting the production of a recombinant DNA molecule marks the birth of modern molecular biology methodology.Jackson, David A. Symons, Robert H. and Berg, Paul. (1972). Biochemical Method for Inserting New Genetic Information into DNA of Simian Virus 40: Circular SV40 DNA Molecules Containing Lambda Phage Genes and the Galactose Operon of Escherichia coli. ''Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)'' '''69'''(10), 2904–2909.
- Alex Comfort's bestselling manual ''The Joy of Sex'' is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 29, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - Get On The Good Foot-Part 1
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly")
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Millie Jackson - My Man, A Sweet Man
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 29If September 29, 1972 is your birthday you're 47 years, 11 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?