Thursday 21 September 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alicia Rickter and Brooke Bushnell.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Algebra um acht.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1972 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Alicia Rickter: Long Beach, California -- Playmate (Oct, 1995).
- Brooke Bushnell: Los Angeles, California -- Rhythmic gymnast (US team-96).
- Randolph Childress: American basketball player: guard, Pistons.
- Liam Gallagher: English singer (Oasis).
- Olivia Bonamy: French actress.
- Jon Kitna: American football player and coach
- David Silveria: American drummer and songwriter (Korn and L.A.P.D.)
- Scott Spiezio: American baseball player
- Marcos declares martial law in Philippines
- Philippine president Ferdinand Marcos issues Proclamation No. 1081 placing the entire country under martial law.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elton John - Honky Cat
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?