Monday 19 March 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas O'Leary and Richard Osborne.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1934 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Thomas O'Leary: American executive and CEO in charge of Burlington Resources, a diversified corporation with interest in timberland, real estate, mining and hazardous waste.
- Richard Osborne: American economist and CEO in charge of Asarco, a metals producer of copper, zinc, silver and gold.
- Daniel Smith: American economist and CEO of First of America Bank, a small-town-banks conglomerate, with over $13 billion in assets.
- Joseph Paletou: Bougarber Journalist.
- Anthony J Block: lawyer (Dutch strafproces), dies at age 66.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?