Thursday 19 April 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elevator.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arctic Tale or Bomberman Live.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 April 2007 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- US and allied air forces conduct massive exercises over South Korea with over 500 planes.
- Virginia Tech massacre:
- Tim Kaine, the Governor of Virginia announces an inquiry into the massacre. (BBC)
- University officials confirm that the students killed during the massacre will all be posthumously awarded their degrees during commencement ceremonies. (Charleston Daily Mail)
- The Norwegian prime minister announces that the government has agreed to unilaterally cut Norway's carbon emissions by 30% by 2020, and proposes carbon neutrallity for 2050. (Norwegian Government)
- Joseph Nacchio, the former Chief Executive Officer of Qwest Communications, is found guilty of insider trading for stock sales worth tens of millions of dollars made in 2001. (CNN Money)
- The United States holds talks with NATO and Russian officials over plans to deploy a missile defence system in Europe. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Australia John Howard states that the Murray-Darling Basin faces an ampquotunprecedentedly dangerousampquot water shortage and that irrigation for farmers will be cut off unless there is significant rain in the next 6-8 weeks. (ABC News Australia)
- An Amnesty International report claims that the attacks on Afghan civilians by the Taliban are widespread and systematic. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Timbaland - Give It To Me
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Linkin Park - What I've Done
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?