Sunday 15 April 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Conta-me Como Foi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword or Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 April 2007 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 April
- India's Essar Group buys Canadian steelmaker Algoma for US$ 1.63 billion. (Washington Post)
- A nor'easter in the northeastern United States causes flooding and disrupts travel in the region. One person is killed in a tornado in North Carolina and two people die in weather-related car accidents in New York and Connecticut. (AP via ABC News)
- Anti-Putin protesters in St. Petersburg, a part of the Dissenters March coalition, are beaten by Russian police. (National Post)
- Documents revealed under Freedom of Information legislation reveals that NASA paid $26.6 million to families of the astronauts aboard the Space Shuttle ''Columbia'' when it disintegrated during re-entry in 2003. (Orlando Sentinel)
- Iran announces plans for two more nuclear reactors. (AP via CNN)
- Iraq War:
- Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr announces plans that his political movement intends to quit the Iraqi government in an attempt to press its demand for a timetable for U.S. withdrawal. (Reuters)
- Voters in Ecuador go to the polls to vote on a referendum on convening an assembly to draw up a new constitution. Preliminary results indicate a 78% ampquotyesampquot vote. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 April 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Ascoli - Lazio : 2 - 2
- Fiorentina - Siena : 1 - 0
- Inter - Palermo : 2 - 2
- Livorno - Reggina : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Club Brugge : 1 - 1
- Gent - Beveren : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Leverkusen : 2 - 1
- Dortmund - Werder Bremen : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Essen - Unterhaching : 1 - 1
- FC Koln - Freiburg : 0 - 3
- Kaiserslautern - Greuther Furth : 3 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Koblenz : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?