Saturday 28 April 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Spider-Man 3, directed by Sam Raimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Sleeping With Strangers by Eric Jerome Dickey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Travels to the Edge with Art Wolfe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Traffic Chaos or All-Pro Football 2K8.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 April 2007 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 April
- An earthquake of magnitude 4.3 on the Richter scale strikes Kent, England. (BBC)
- President of Ireland Mary McAleese dissolves the 29th Dáil and calls for a general election on 24 May 2007. (BBC)
- Australia wins its third consecutive Cricket World Cup with a victory over Sri Lanka in the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup finals in Barbados. (BBC)
- Human rights in Tajikistan: Two police officers in Dushanbe, Tajikistan are found guilty of beating and torturing a 16-year-old boy while in police custody. They are sentenced to two years in prison. (RFE/RL)
- A bombing occurs at a mosque in Karbala, Iraq, killing 55. (BBC)
- A suicide bombing in Pakistan kills at least 22 and injures Interior Minister Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao. (CNN)
- Turkey's army warns against questioning the country's secular system after a disputed first-round presidential vote in parliament. (BBC)
- 80,000 people gather throughout the United States joining 'Displace Me' to raise awareness of displaced refugees in Northern Uganda. (KOMO4)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 April 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Fiorentina - Chievo : 1 - 0
- Torino - Milan : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - St Truiden : 0 - 1
- Charleroi - Lokeren : 4 - 3
- FC Brussels - Beveren : 2 - 0
- Gent - Bergen : 4 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Hertha : 0 - 4
- Bayern Munich - Hamburg : 1 - 2
- Dortmund - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 0
- Mainz - Hannover : 1 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Betis : 0 - 0
- Valencia - Recreativo : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?